Why Choose Hot Stone Study Course?
The Hot Stone Study course by the Stone Massage Company is pleased to offer a unique home study course that is equivalent in content to their in-class option. It is designed for anyone who is unable to travel to attend one of their in-class courses, or who simply prefers to study independently from home.
Registered Massage Therapists will be eligible to receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in the following provinces:
- In Ontario: 15 CEUs “CATEGORY A” from the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- In Nova Scotia: 6.6 CEUs
- In Alberta: 5 secondary CEUs
Course material is based entirely on information from their 100-page instructional manual, which focuses on both theoretical, as well as practical applications for hot stone therapy. The manual also includes a 40 minute DVD which features a complete step-by-step full body hot stone massage routine.
Topics covered include:
- History of hot stone therapy
- Naturally formed stones versus mechanically tumbled stones
- Properties of basalt stones and other types of stones
- Effects of heat and cold on the body
- Benefits of hot and cold stone therapy and contraindications
- Purchasing your basalt stone set and how to heat the stones
- How to cleanse and re-energize your stones
- Hot stone massage techniques
- Massage oils and lotions
- Full body Hot Stone Massage routine, featuring step-by-step instruction with illustrative photos and accompanying DVD
- How to perform a hot stone massage (full body routine)
- How to incorporate aromatherapy into hot stone therapy
- Integrating chakra work into hot stone therapy
- Setting up your therapy room and getting started as a hot stone therapist
This 30-hour certification course allows you to work independently on your own time. There is no need to travel to us.
Once registered in this course, you will receive the instructional manual that clearly details all of the course requirements. Each student is required to complete and document five independent case studies, as well as write an open book examination from home. Certification requires completion of all case studies and the written exam. Completed work must be submitted to The Stone Massage Company for final grading purposes within 12 months of registration.
Stones not included in this course.