Why Choose EMPI Direct TENS Unit?
EMPI Direct TENS Unit is a small but mighty “do-it-all” device! This device will aid in the treatment and management of chronic and acute pain, providing you or your client with fast-acting pain relief. Featuring compact dual channels that use a range of nerve stimulation programs, this device will provide pain relief without medication.
This electric massager can stimulate sensory nerves and muscles, activate specific natural pain barrier mechanisms, all while relaxing the body. EMPI Direct is suitable for patients, or medical professionals, and is great for relief of not just chronic and acute pain, but arthritic and post-surgical pain as well.
The portable and convenient nature of the EMPI Direct TENS Unit allows users to manage pain whenever and wherever the need presents itself! The device has a recommended minimum usage time of 30 minutes.
How It Works:
The EMPI Direct TENS Unit is attached to the skin by electrodes that send an electrical impulse to the skin (outer) and afferent (deeper) nerves to relieve the discomfort by blocking the pain signal sent to the brain. While pain relief is most effective during nerve stimulation, the effects can last long after treatment has been completed.
EMPI Direct TENS™ Unit can be used to alleviate:
- Joint pain
- Chronic pain originating in the spine
- Pain from degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Tension headache
- Radiating pain
- Phantom limb pain
- Pain from rheumatic diseases
- Included is a set of 2 lead wires, and 1 pack of Dura-Stick square electrodes
- 5×5 cm (4 electrodes per pack)
- Large, easy to read LCD display
- Timer function
- Pouch included
- Dual channels with independent intensity controls
- 13 pre-set programs included are 5 quick select programs for one-touch stimulation
- Knee, shoulder, back, hand, neck
- Constant voltage: up to a resistance of 1000 ohms
- Maximum amplitude: 40mA @1000ohms, 250 μs
- Output intensity: 0-60, adjustable in 0.5 steps
- Max pulse duration/width: up to 250 μseconds
- Max frequency: 1,000 Hz
- Power source: 2 x 1.5V AA batteries (supplied) or 2x 1.2V AA rechargeable batteries
- Size of handheld machine: 11 x 7 x 3 cm
- Weight: 165 g (Including batteries)
- Asymmetrical biphasic 100% compensated