Why Choose Therapeutic Modalities For Musculoskeletal Injuries?
Therapeutic Modalities for Musculoskeletal Injuries, Fourth Edition With Online Video, offers comprehensive coverage of evidence-based therapies for rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries. The information aligns with the Board of Certification’s Role Delineation Study/Practice Analysis, Sixth Edition, and the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education’s Athletic Training Education Competencies, Fifth Edition, and is a vital resource for students preparing for examinations as well as professionals in the field who wish to stay informed of the latest research.
The content of this fourth edition has been significantly updated and revitalized to include all modalities that coincide with BOC requirements and offers the latest in contemporary science in the field. Further updates include the following:
- New online video that corresponds to modalities discussed throughout the text, directly demonstrating how to apply techniques to individual patients
- A new chapter on mechanobiology that provides new understanding of the effects of movement and activity on cell function
- A new chapter on the application of exercise as a stimulus for tissue repair
- Additional information on the principles and clinical applications of cold, heat, electrotherapy, laser, and ultrasound
- Updated and revamped case studies and guided scenarios that apply all modalities found throughout the book to real-world situations