Ethics of Touch 2nd Edition
Ethics of Touch 2nd Edition is the hands-on practitioner’s guide to creating a professional, safe and enduring practice. In this comprehensive work on ethics, Ben Benjamin and Cherie Sohnen-Moe directly address the difficult, confusing, and seldom-discussed-but-often-troubling dilemmas confronting touch therapy practitioners. By honestly describing the issues, identifying clear principles, naming specific resources and using stories straight from the treatment room, they have written a book to guide, support and inspire both students and seasoned practitioners.
Throughout Ethics of Touch, you’ll find thought-provoking examples, models, points to ponder, practical applications, and activities that make this information personally relevant. Drawing on established best practices and decades of experience in the field,, the authors articulate high expectations and outline practical steps to meet them. This comprehensive text is designed to serve both as a foundational course book for professional raining schools and as an essential reference for any somatic practitioner.
Create an ethical, safe and rewarding practice!
- Improve communication skills
- Clarify policies and procedures
- Resolve ethical dilemmas
- Decrease lawsuit liability
- Increase the quality of client relations
- Work well with others
- Heighten awareness and sensivity
- Develop an effective support system
- Enhance ability to safely work with trauma survivors
Changes to the Second Edition:
- New chapters on “Communications Techniques and Strategies” and “The Team Approach”
- Updated web links throughout
- Inclusion of topics and key terms in each chapter
- Glossary with definitions of all the key terms on the chapter opener pages
- Additional scenarios
- Additional charts, tables, and figures