Mandarin Essential Oil
Mandarin Essential Oil is known for promoting calmness and uplifting the mood, mandarin essential oil is a close cousin of tangerine. Mandarin is so mild and effective it can be used safely in aromatherapy for every member of the family. Sweetly tangy, pure mandarin oil reduces the negative effects of Mandarin Essential Oil (Citrus reticulate) is known for instilling calmness and uplifting negative moods. The sweet, tangy scent reduces stress, promotes deep, restful sleep, and supports feelings of contentment and well-being. To take advantage of its calming effects, diffuse Mandarin Essential Oil in a diffuser. Add some lavender or other citrus oils for variety. Mandarin Essential Oil is often used as a digestive aid for use of hiccups, anxiety and to assist the liver functions of the elderly.
- Mandarin Essential Oil Mandarin: citrus reticulata
- Plant Source: Mandarin Tree Fruit Peel, South Africa
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Aroma Type: Citrus
- Blending Oils: Bay, Cinnamon, Clove, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Nutmeg, and Orange
Mandarin Essential Oil is extremely mild, so it can be safely used on adults and children alike. Mandarin Essential Oil can also be used topically.
In the Diffuser
Diffuse Mandarin oil in the office or at home whenever you wish to create a pleasant atmosphere. For variety you can add in some lavender, or other citrus oils like grapefruit and bergamot for a sunny mix.
In the Laundry
Add several drops of mandarin oil to a clean damp washcloth and toss in the dryer to freshen linens.
Revive the Air
Add 10 drops mandarin oil and three drops rosemary or lavender to a spray bottle for a revivifying and purifying air freshener.
For smoother, healthier skin, mix
- six drops of Mandarin Essential Oil,
- ten drops of Helichrysum Essential Oil,
- three drops of Lavender Essential Oil,
- three drops of Neroli Essential Oil in 15 mL of Rosehip Seed Oil and Tamanu Oil.
For an uplifting massage blend, mix
- four drops of Mandarin Essential Oil,
- two drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil,
- two drops of Lavender Essential Oil, and
- two drops of Roman Infused Chamomile Essential Oil in 15 mL of Marula Oil.
Avoid exposure to direct sunlight if covering large areas with Mandarin Essential Oil, as it may cause photo-toxicity.
Do not use Mandarin Essential Oil during pregnancy.