Poya Ginger Root Essential Oil
Poya Ginger Root Essential Oil has been used since ancient times to treat a variety of conditions. Today, we still use it for many ailments. Indigenous to China and Java, it spread as far as Africa and the West Indies and was valued for its medicinal and culinary properties. In addition, it was believed that Ginger was brought to Europe between the 10th and 15th centuries as both a condiment and spice.
As a perennial herb, Ginger root grows up to four feet high. It produces narrow bright green spear-shaped leaves and white or yellow flowers. The root itself is a small tuberous rhizome with brown skin. The root of the plant is macerated and distilled over high heat, from which the oil is then extracted. Surprisingly, Ginger Root Essential Oil has a different aroma to the pungency of fresh ginger root – the oil is softer and sweeter, with a very pleasant, spicy fragrance.
When used for aromatherapy, warm spicy ginger root is known as the oil of empowerment. It is able to relieve feelings of depression and anxiety and create feelings of courage and self confidence. It has also been used as an aphrodisiac for many centuries. Furthermore, the warm spiciness is a wonderful addition to a cold winters day.
Energizing and Uplifting, Ginger Root Blends Well With:
Furthermore, it’s aromatically profiled as woody, earthy, warm and spicy and sits on the middle/base perfumery note.
Methods of Use
- For anxiety and vitality – vaporize or diffuse 2 drops Ginger and 4 drops Sweet Orange.
- To relieve morning or travel sickness – place 2 drops Ginger on a tissue and inhale.
- To help relieve muscle pain, arthritis, rheumatism and stimulate the circulatory system – mix 2-3 drops heavily diluted in a carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Add to your bath or compress to revitalize and re-energize
- And finally, use as a decongestant – add 2-3 drops to your vaporizer or diffuser and inhale.
- Zingiberene: 35.67%
The information contained herein is not meant to be a substitute for medical treatment.
If you have any medical condition(s) or concerns please contact your family doctor.
In addition, all Poya products are for external use only.