Why Choose Poya Seabuckthorn Oil?
Sea Buckthorn (hippophae rhamnoides), also referred to as seaberry is the single highest plant source of vitamins C and E, essential amino acids, unsaturated fatty acids and the beta-carotene that gives its bright colour. These properties have made its oil much prized for its use in hydrating the skin, combating wrinkles and other effects of aging and regenerating cellular tissues. It has been found to be helpful in the treatment of burns, especially those caused by over-exposure to UV and other types of radiation. Poya Seabuckthorn Essential Oil is extracted from the fruit using an extraction method using CO2, which keeps the integrity of its structure intact.
• Sea Buckthorn: Hippophae Rhamnoides
• Origin: China
• Extraction Method: CO2 Extraction
• Aromatherapy Class: Emollient, Astringent
• Aroma Type: Pungent, Nutty, Musky
• Blending Oils: Grapefruit, Frankincense, Lime, Rosemary
How to use
This colourful oil is diluted for use in massage blends, creams, lotions, balms and oil serums. If stored in the fridge, it will have a 12-month shelf life.
- For dry skin, massage a few drops diluted at least half and half with another carrier oil into wet skin before bedtime. Gently pat dry.
- Mix 3 teaspoons / 15 ml into 6 oz. / 185 ml or so of lotion or skin cream to boost its nutrients.
- For a salt scrub that is high in Vitamin C, mix equal parts fine Sea Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Jojoba Oil, and Sea Buckthorn Oil, adjusting the amounts to arrive at a texture you like. Apply to skin and gently massage before rinsing it off in the shower or tub.
Dilute with carrier oil as Poya Seabuckthorn Essential Oil will stain sheets and skin.