Why Choose Poya Argan Oil of Morocco?
Poya Argan Oil of Morocco and Carrier Oil
Poya Argan Oil of Morocco is one of the rarest botanical oils in the world, it is grown in a near-desert climate. The kernels of the Argan tree have been hand ground for centuries, to extract this silky rich oil with an unusual nutty scent. It is very rich in vitamin E, carotenes, antioxidants and essential fatty acids.
About Argan Oil
The Argan tree is indigenous to an arid region in the south of Morocco. Originally, goats were the harvesters of the kernel, which were then gathered by the women to crush for its oil, and the remaining cake used as fuel. The oil was used in cooking and on the skin and hair, to protect them from the elements. It is now grown under the protection of UNESCO, due to the small area in which it is cultivated.
How to use
- Argan oil is used to enhance the properties of other oils in creams, lotions, serums and especially in hair products where it adds elasticity and shine to the hair.
- An addition to creams and conditioners of 5% is recommended for normal skin and hair, up to 20% if dry and damaged or over-processed.
- To boost your shampoo’s ability to moisturize, add a few drops to your shampoo before lathering through your hair.
- For a hot-oil treatment, gently heat just enough Argan Oil to comb through your hair, then wrap with a heated towel for 20 minutes. Shampoo as you would normally.
- This cold-pressed oil is slow to go rancid and will have a shelf-life of 12 months if kept refrigerated.
All Poya products are for external use only. Please read and understand the appropriate information and disclaimers before using any Poya product.